The ultimate guide to moving to Amsterdam
Developer Careers Johanna Dahlroos
Ready to make the move to Amsterdam? Follow our handy move to Amsterdam infographic to make the process as smooth as good glass of jenever!
Move to Amsterdam Infographic
Here are the key takeaways:
1. Get your Dutch visa!
- EU Citizens don’t need a visa to work in the Netherlands
- Graduates of Dutch universities can use the orientation permit to work or seek employment for up to a year
- Highly-skilled migrants (this includes developers) qualify for an accelerated visa process. Check with the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) for a list of companies sponsoring the visa.
2. Register with BSN for your Dutch residence permit
- Expatcenter: if you are a highly skilled migrant worker go here for your BSN. Your employer will organize the appointment.
- Stadsloket Centrum: if you are an EU-citizen go here for your BSN. These administration offices can be found in the district where you live.
To get your BSN, bring the following documents:
- Valid ID
- Proof of residence
- Employment agreement
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
3. Find an Apartment
4. Understand the 30% Ruling
5. Join Honeypot today and receive 4 interview invites or more in three weeks.
Searching for a Tech Job? Join Honeypot!
Let companies in Europe Apply to You!